Do you enjoy working in a team-oriented environment where teamwork and solving problems are routine? Has software and hardware been a hobby of yours for some time? If so, CTC would like to hear from you.
You will function as the first level problem solver for technical issues relating to hardware, software, handhelds, servers, and our network. In addition to troubleshooting problems over the phone, you will have the opportunity to provide direct support to CTC employees. This direct support will allow you insight in which you will gain a better understanding of the proprietary options trading industry. The support team works closely with the operations and infrastructure groups to resolve problems in a timely fashion.
- This role will handle client inquiries, from initial call to incident resolution through troubleshooting skills, logic, research, and isolation steps.
- You can expect to take on problems of all personal computing hardware including workstations, monitors, printers, laptops and tablet problems, as well as be the primary engineer for equipment moves and reconfiguration.
- In this role you will partner with Server Support, Network services, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem.
- As an Associate Engineer on the Client Services Team, there will be opportunity for you to become proficient in the software tools utilized by the Help Desk and provide basic LAN/WAN/VPN/Wireless support, as well as install and upgrade software.
- Your ability to become familiar with CTC proprietary trading applications will be seen as a requirement.
- This role will offer you the chance to create and maintain support documentation and procedures.
- You will be provided with training to assist in staying ahead of information technology systems and industry trends.
- You will be responsible for evening and weekend support (off-hours support), as assigned, on a rotating basis (typically one out of every five weeks).
- Help desk experience desired.
- Strong knowledge and experience supporting personal computing devices (desktops, laptops, tablets, virtual desktops), Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7, Windows 10), Microsoft Office Suites (2013 and 2016) required.
- You will be able to work on equipment mounted underneath desks and have the ability to lift 50lbs.
- You possess good interpersonal skills and show ability to work in team environment.
- CompTIA A+ Certified a plus.
- Financial services/trading experience a plus.
- Associates Degree or combination of education and experience.
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.