Are you passionate about building scalable, reliable, high performance distributed systems? Do you love collaborating directly with end users to identify new opportunities and drive innovation? At CTC, you will work with Traders and Quants to build reliable trading strategies that will have a direct and significant impact on our organization's daily performance.
We are looking for a software engineer to build our next generation workflows for options market making. This includes workflows that are both high and low latency in nature, and primarily developed in Java and deployed on Linux. There is extensive collaboration among all business units that allows us the ability to brainstorm ideas and compare approaches. Software development cycles at CTC are short and releases of proprietary software are frequent. This is a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where our engineers quickly see the results of their effort, and the impact that work has on our businesses.
- Design and develop software components and frameworks
- Collaborate with developers on other teams including operations, option pricing, exchange access, inventory and risk management
- Develop requirements, propose solutions and deliver software into production environment in a timely and robust manner
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Partner with QA and support teams to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment
- Ongoing performance analysis and tuning
- You will have 3+ years of development experience in Java
- You have prior experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed application architecture
- You will need experience with source code management and a Linux environment, experience with Git and python is a plus
- You will demonstrate strong problem solving and analytic capabilities
- You are a self-starter and can quickly triage issues and drive the resolution effort through completion
- You have a preference for simple, cohesive, and practical solutions
- You can demonstrate high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or in a team environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We strive to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.