Are you passionate about using your development skills to bridge the gap between Traders, Back Office and Clearer systems? Do you love working on a wide variety of problems, and seeing solutions through from Requirements to Deployment?
We are looking for a software engineer to improve our Trade Reconciliation, PNL, Compliance, and Report Automation systems. You would help design, build, and support these systems using Java, Python, database, and web technologies.
- Design, develop, and build tests for software components
- Deliver and support software into the production environment
- Work with traders, compliance, and back office teams to gather and validate requirements
- Investigate requests and problems – design and implement corresponding solutions
- 3+ years of experience required in either Java (preferred) or Python, and a desire to embrace both
- SQL database development experience required
- Back office or trading system experience preferred
- Meaningful web development experience preferred
- Experience with Windows
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Desire for continuous improvement and software best practices
- Strong analytic and design capabilities, ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and are skilled in building collaborative relationships
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.