Are you looking to build your skillset by contributing to a critical system responsible for real-time risk and P&L information at a competitive options trading firm? Our group is responsible for producing, delivering, and analyzing risk data for all products at the firm. You would work in a team that works very closely with traders and the firm’s Global Risk Management team in order to design and build solutions to complex business problems. You would help build and support these systems, which employ web technologies, Python, C++, and Java across a heterogeneous deployment environment.
- You design, develop, and test software components
- You deliver and support software into the production environment in a timely and robust manner
- You collaborate with quants and developers on other front office teams
- You partner with support teams to ensure that the software is easy to manage in a production environment
- You assist in developing requirements and proposing solutions to important business problems
- 3+ years of financial industry experience
- Relevant work experience in Python
- Experience in Java a plus
- Experience with multi-threaded and distributed programming a plus
- Database experience (MS SQL experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Strong analytic and design capabilities, ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and are skilled in building collaborative relationships
- Technical curiosity in learning and maintaining technical acumen
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take critical action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.