Are you an experienced attorney with a background in financial services? CTC is looking for an innovative, creative thinker who can anticipate challenges, identify trends and risks and advise accordingly. Are you passionate about leading a small Legal team supporting both domestic and international entities in diverse areas? If you are a highly motivated, self-starter with good business discernment who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and collaborative environment, then CTC is the place for you.
- Provide guidance on legal matters for business activities including corporate, contractual, regulatory, insurance, intellectual property, labor and employment, litigation and transactional issues.
- Understand the priorities of the business units and ensure that legal services support those priorities.
- Experience drafting highly complex limited partnership and limited liability company agreements in the context of restructurings, startups and joint ventures involving tax, regulatory and intellectual property considerations.
- Review, negotiate, and train CTC personnel with regard to commercial contracting with an emphasis on technology and intellectual property law. Participate with other departments in negotiations to ensure consideration of all meaningful legal issues and appropriate protection of CTC’s interests.
- Conduct research and provide legal advice on issues including capital markets, employment law, contract law, and general corporate matters.
- Obtain advice from and manage external counsel on various projects, acting as essential intermediary between the business and external counsel.
- Lead and develop Legal team.
- Guard against legal risks involving the organization.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- D. from an ABA accredited law school. Licensed to practice law in Illinois or obtain license within eighteen months.
- Seven or more years of legal experience with a strong background in corporate law.
- Solid experience working within Financial Services, option market making preferred.
- Good experience handling regulatory inquiries.
- Sound character and excellent business and legal judgment.
- Ability to build trust and influence within the team, the company, and with external partners.
- A self-starter who is business-oriented.
- Strong intellect, with the ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity, and judgment.
- Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously that require discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, combined with a professional demeanor.
- Ability to quickly identify and prioritize issues to protect CTC’s interests.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.