Are you a software engineer who is passionate about building high performance cloud systems? Would you like to collaborate with other teams to produce high quality data used to drive decisions? Are you someone who enjoys learning about the latest trends in petabyte-scale data processing pipelines? Do you get passionate about being involved in ingesting, processing, and storing billions of events per day? Are you curious about data and do you have the ability to see connections between data sets that produce business value? CTC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our data as a Service group. As a member of the team you will focus on acquiring data, validating data, and making data available throughout the firm. As a team member, you will partner with quants, traders, and skilled software engineers to design and develop data processing pipelines. You will utilize your work experience to deliver value from user stories to hands-on implementation in a dynamic environment.
- Work with a skilled team on data processing pipelines from conception to production deployment
- Build infrastructure required for flexible and scalable extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with traders and financial engineers to understand requirements and help design systems and processes to deliver business value
- Collaborate with application owners to help define data collection requirements
- Design and implement functionality, participate in team code reviews, and provide feedback on performance, logic, standard methodologies and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency
- Experience implementing and maintaining data processing pipelines
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience developing Cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with data processing technologies (Spark)
- Experience in Python or Java
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical derivatives trading community that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take critical action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995 and are recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.