Are you a software engineer who is passionate about building high performance data processing pipelines? Would you like to collaborate with other teams to produce high quality data used to drive decisions? Would you like to be involved in ingesting, processing, and storing billions of events per day? Are you curious about data and do you have the ability to see connections between data sets that produce business value? CTC is seeking a Software Engineer for our Data Engineering team. You will focus on acquiring data, validating data, and making data available throughout the firm. As a member of our team, you will partner with financial engineers, traders, and skilled software engineers to design and develop data processing pipelines. You will utilize your work experience to deliver value from user stories to hands-on implementation in a dynamic, team environment.
- Work with a skilled team on data processing pipelines from conception to production deployment
- Build infrastructure required for flexible and scalable extraction, transformation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with traders and financial engineers to understand requirements and help design systems and processes to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with application owners to help define data collection requirements
- Design and implement functionality, participate in team code reviews, and provide feedback on performance, logic, standard methodologies and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency
- Development experience in Java
- Experience implementing and maintaining data processing pipelines
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience with large scale data storage
- Experience developing Cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with data processing technologies (Spark)
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical derivatives trading community that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take critical action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. CTC have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995 and are recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. CTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.