Do you want to enable impactful research while collaborating with teams to generate and maintain high quality data used to drive decisions? Are you curious about data and can see connections between data sets and potential business value? Are you someone who enjoys working with the latest trends in data processing and data analytics? Are you passionate about ensuring that critical data is flowing through the research platform? If so, CTC is seeking a Data Systems Support Engineer for our Data Operations group. As a member of the team you will focus on making data available to researchers. As a team member, you will partner with researchers in quant and trading, and with skilled data and software engineers to deliver data consistently, and sustainably. You will lead problem solving efforts when issues arise. You will utilize your work experience to deliver value from ideation to hands-on implementation in a dynamic, inclusive cross-team environment.
- You will support research data and systems by providing primary operational support and supporting data platform applications and researchers, triaging data and platform issues, facilitating data platform releases, writing code for improved validation, monitoring and alerting, and defining and ensuring alignment to standards and SLAs.
- You will participate in data systems design by collaborating with quants, traders, software engineers and data engineers to define operationally robust pipelines and service level agreements that meet data specifications and standards
- You will be a data steward who helps define and maintain data glossaries and catalogs, on-boards new data sets, and seek out novel additions to the research data platform
- Experienced in a system support or data management role
- Trading systems experience in any capacity (software development, support, data systems, etc.)
- Python programming capability
- Strong SQL skills
- Fluent in Linux/Unix command shell navigation
- Working knowledge of incident and problem management
- Willing to work with on-premise and cloud technologies
- Data pipeline and analytics platform experience is preferred
- Experience with Derivative markets is preferred
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical derivatives trading community that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take critical action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995 and are recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.