Are you an IT finance professional that can easily translate between IT and Accounting? Do you love to plan and can you engage technologists to identify and report savings and provide projections? Are you a hands-on leader that can excite, engage and align people but also possess the technical skills to develop and support financial tools?
Our team is passionate about using the Technology Business Management (TBM) discipline to increase the value of IT. The TBM team utilizes a data‐driven decision-making framework to provide IT with the information to manage and communicate the cost, quality and value of our IT Products & Services. We are seeking a highly analytical and technically skilled financial manager to join our team and drive our IT financial management and vendor management processes.
You will report directly to the Senior Director of Technology Business Management and have the opportunity to collaborate heavily with senior IT leaders, Finance, and the Accounting team.
- You will prepare the annual Technology budget. You will lead and develop the budgeting & forecasting process for Technology including demand forecasting.
- You will perform monthly validation of technology financials. You will provide budget vs actuals reporting and variance explanations as needed. You will identify issues and collaborate with IT area managers and/or Accounting to resolve.
- You will provide technical support for TBM’s budgeting and forecasting tools (Apptio and Vena) and build ad-hoc financial reports.
- You will be responsible for the General Ledger (GL) data in CTC’s business management tool (Apptio) and provide requirements for data translations between Apptio and the GL. You will be the (GL) authority for TBM. You will understand CTC’s procurement data (Coupa) and its relationship to the GL.
- You will produce the 'Bill of IT', submit monthly allocations/chargeback to Finance, and reconcile discrepancies. You will improve Technology’s financial planning & analysis capability. You will produce financial and business analyses including financial performance, rate of return, and value on investment.
- You will provide vendor management expertise, help build vendor relationships, set procurement policy, and mature CTC’s RFP process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, Math or equivalent; MBA, MIS, CPA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 8‐10 yrs of meaningful work experience required. We are seeking an experienced leader with support for vendor management and financial management processes.
- Expert analytical (what‐if/impact scenario analysis and data transformation) skills using MS Excel including experience with formulaic logic such as if statements, vlookup, hlookup, pivot tables, macros, etc required.
- Working experience with IT Operations, Software Development and/or IT Infrastructure teams preferred. We are looking for someone who has worked in an environment where a significant part of the IT spend is development of proprietary software.
- Confirmed vendor management experience and knowledge of SW/HW acquisition and cloud services highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and reporting/presentation skills for senior leadership required.
- Knowledge of Apptio, Tableau and financial reporting tools (Vena or equivalent) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, data modelling and application of relational database concepts preferred.
- Knowledge of TBM processes and standard methodologies preferred. Technology Business Management Analyst (TBMA) Certification a plus.
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.