Are you a software engineer who is passionate about building market access applications and enjoy working with FIX and binary exchange protocols? Do you think about trade-offs between low latency and ultra-low latency? Do you love collaborating with others to solve tough problems? Do you crave being involved in mission-critical initiatives that have direct and meaningful impact on organization daily performance?
We are looking for a software engineer to maintain and enhance our high-performance C++ market access application and its automated test harness framework developed in python. There is extensive collaboration among all business units that allows us the ability to brainstorm ideas and compare approaches. Software development cycles at CTC are short and releases of proprietary software are frequent. This is a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where our engineers quickly see the results of their effort, and the impact that work has on our businesses.
- Writing high-performance C++ applications and automated integration tests in python
- Define and gather exchange specific workflow requirements collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Work with a skilled team of software engineers to establish a pragmatic architectural vision that emphasizes testability and maintainability
- Implement functionality, participate in team code reviews, and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency
- Deliver high quality software into production environment in a timely manner
- You keep up to date on the latest C++ standards that could benefit our system
- You have deep understanding of Modern C++ and practical understanding of Python
- You have experience with multi-threaded programming, high-performance application architecture and performance tuning techniques and tools
- You have experience interfacing with multiple teams to analyze, develop, and deliver a feature to production.
- You love problem solving that is on par with your analytic and design capabilities
- You have high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or in a team environment
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We strive to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.