Are you passionate about market data? Do you think about market microstructure and the trade-offs between low latency and ultra-low latency? Do you love collaborating with others to solve tough problems? Do you crave being involved in mission-critical initiatives that have direct and meaningful impact on an organization’s daily performance?
We are looking for a software developer with experience in the processing, distribution, and management of financial data. This includes market data, reference data, trade management, and several data-related services. These services are primarily developed in Java and C++ and deployed on Linux. Software development cycles at CTC are short and releases of proprietary software are frequent. You would join our team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where our team-mates quickly see the results of their effort, and their impact on our business.
- You design and build Market Data server-based components and frameworks
- You collaborate with developers on other teams including operations, option pricing, exchange access, inventory and risk management
- You develop requirements, propose solutions and deliver software into production environment in a timely and robust manner
- You participate in design and code reviews
- You partner with QA and support teams to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment
- You keep up to date on the latest technologies that could benefit our system
- You have a deep understanding of either Java or C++ and a practical understanding of the other (C++ is preferred)
- You have experience writing high-performance feed handlers in a Linux environment
- You have experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed application architecture
- You have strong analytic and design capabilities
- You have the ability to quickly triage issues and drive the resolution effort through completion
- You prefer simple, cohesive, and practical solutions that are maintainable and extensible
- You demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and are skilled in building collaborative relationships