Are you someone who wants to challenge your skills with quantitative problems in combination with your software expertise? Do you love working with state-of-the-art data science techniques? You would stay on top of current and new technology such as Python3, Dask, Flask, and Jupyter as it relates to your role making an impactful contribution to the firm. On our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with multiple groups throughout the organization including quant, platform services, and operations teams. This role gives you the chance to work in a collaborative setting sharing your ideas, while also gaining knowledge from fellow teammates.
- Design and develop data analytic components and frameworks
- Deliver and support software into the research environment which is used to help make key decisions for trading
- Collaborate with quants, traders and developers on other teams
- Assist in developing requirements and proposing solutions
- Ongoing performance analysis and tuning
- You will have Python experience in concurrency and scientific computing libraries (e.g., pandas or numpy).
- You will have experience with large data (TB) processing and manipulation, working alongside researchers to develop research tools and data workflows.
- Deep understanding of computer architecture and ability to optimize for system performance.
Nice to haves
- Experience with building and supporting backtest frameworks.
- Familiarity with C++.
- Mathematical/quantitative experience.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field or relevant work experience highly preferred
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.