Are you passionate about delivering new ideas with quality in continually reduced cycle times? Do you want to empower all software to be released with confidence? Would you like to have a large impact on the software used by our traders and risk managers? Are you motivated to explore multiple testing methodologies and techniques?
We are looking for a quality engineer who will work in partnership with development and business to validate and promote quality software into production. You will be someone who loves to thrive in a dynamic environment. A background in equities and derivatives trading concept with differentiate you. Flexibility and attention to detail will be key attributes necessary to successfully drive parallel efforts across multiple projects and products.
- Work on the QA team to test end-to-end software solutions for trading futures and derivative products on multiple exchanges.
- You will be focused on our market data and pricing applications including feed handlers and product loaders that consume market data and product reference data from multiple exchanges.
- Use automated test tools in daily work, collaborating with automation engineers to continually improve and grow test automation
- Help drive test planning around risk assessment and tool and environment requirements
- Write test cases, execute tests, and communicate defects
- Report daily status to QA team and larger project team
- Certify software has met minimum set of expected requirements
- Participate in production release hand-off meetings
- Assist with supporting and troubleshooting issues in test environments
- Support production in issue triage or issue recreation
- Continually optimize existing test tools as well as explore creative methods to modify them to meet new testing requirements.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Self-motivated, possess strong time management skills, and thrives in a dynamic environment
- Able to quickly learn, retain and apply information to their day-to-day work
- Ability to design and execute both manual and automated tests
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix command shell navigation required
- Experience in Python
- Experience with SQL or other database query language required
- Prior QA/testing experience in large data sets required
- Trading industry experience a plus
If you meet most but not all requirements you will still be considered.
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.