Are you an engineer who is passionate about rapid testing and releasing of quality software? Would you like to work for an organization that promotes and practice software quality and testing as the guiding principle? An organization built on a foundation of mutual respect that promotes teamwork and shared success. Do you love working for a company that provides continued professional growth through various in-house and offsite training opportunities?
We are looking for a software test engineer who will work in partnership with development and business users to validate and promote quality software into production. You will be someone who loves to thrive in a dynamic environment. A background in equities and derivatives trading concept with differentiate you. Flexibility and attention to detail will be key attributes necessary to successfully drive parallel efforts across multiple projects and products.
- Participate in BDD process
- Troubleshot issues in test environments
- Use automated test tools in daily work, collaborating with automation engineers
- Test end-to-end software solutions. Be able to identify and resolve environment issues
- Report status to QA and broader team
- Certify when software is ready for production
- Communicate effectively with project/functional leads regarding requirements clarification or issues presented in testing
- Identify and resolve environment issues
- Experience in Cucumber and Gherkin for BDD desired.
- Creative and love to solve problems
- Ability to think outside of the box
- Using domain knowledge in predicting conditions under which system would behave unexpectedly.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX command shell.
- Knowledge of Python or similar scripting language is desired.
- Experience in test case writing, execution, and review including defect processes
- Knowledge of software quality testing methodologies.
- Knowledge and experience working in a microservice architecture is a plus
- Trading industry experience a plus
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently.
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.