Are you excited by the idea of using your hardware development skills to build low latency trading systems? Would you like to help us explore new architectures for some of our most advanced trading strategies? If so, we encourage you to consider Chicago Trading Company.
Our Story—Chicago Trading Company (CTC)
CTC is a forward-thinking proprietary trading firm that helps the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment. We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry that makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
The Role—Senior FPGA Engineer
CTC is seeking a Senior FPGA Engineer for our FPGA development team. As a member of this emerging team you will help craft our development environment and processes. And as a technology team member you will work with other specialists, traders, and quants to design and develop next generation end-to-end trading systems.
- Work with a skilled team to establish a pragmatic architectural vision that emphasizes low latency
- Collaborate with senior members of the technology architecture team to review and improve our approach to building trading platforms
- Learn and gain understanding of trading workflow, quantitative modelling, and system performance requirements collaboratively with a multi-functional team
- Develop an implementation roadmap in partnership with Quant and Trading to deliver incremental improvements in trading performance while drastically improving the system architecture
- Design and implement functionality, participate in team code reviews, and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, standard methodologies and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency
- Advanced experience and expertise with FPGA development
- Advanced experience coding using HDLs with an emphasis on SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Experience with computer architectures, and software development with an emphasis on C/C++ & Python
- Desire to use modern agile design & test practices
- Financial industry experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.