Are you interested in leading Traders, Quantitative Researchers, and Technologists in a global, proprietary trading firm? Would you like to use your quantitative skills to build a business and create long term enterprise value? Are you excited to be a part of a dynamic trading environment that values the integration of Quants directly into trading operations? If so, we encourage you to consider Chicago Trading Company.
Our Story—Chicago Trading Company
Chicago Trading Company is a technology-focused trading firm that helps the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industries’ most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment. We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry that makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong.
Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
More information is available at www.chicagotrading.com.
The Role—Senior Quantitative Trader
We are seeking a Senior Quantitative Trader to lead and handle all facets of an options market-making portfolio. Our trading teams require a dynamic, quantitative leader to capitalize on short and medium-term opportunities while building teams and creating enterprise value for the long term. You will have the opportunity to create a strategic vision, analyze data to move the business forward, and manage risk and profitability. This position will offer an outstanding opportunity join a winning team (typically 5 to 15 people) where collaboration and continuous improvement in a competitive field are greatly rewarded.
What you will do at CTC:
- Lead the risk and revenues for a specific profit center
- Optimize execution calibrations to maximize profitability
- Set the strategic direction and develop a business plan for a cross functional team
- Prioritize key initiatives that efficiently utilize resources and balance short vs long term success
- Develop, coach, and mentor team members to their fullest potential
Critical leadership capabilities we are looking for in you:
- Advanced trading knowledge and intuition with 5+ years of derivatives industry experience
- Experience developing electronic trading strategies, execution algorithms, and metrics
- Extraordinary analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to mentor, inspire, develop, and lead an entrepreneurial team; previous management experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with all levels across the firm
- Ability to multi-task and handle time effectively
- Strong ability to build relationships and influence
- Values collaboration and the success of the team
- Python experience required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.