Do you have a combination of system administration, system automation, and application support experience? Do you thrive in working in a fast paced dynamic environment? You should be a person who has the ability to think on their feet and is able to adapt to technical challenges. The desire to continually self‐improve and seek continual improvement are a must‐have skill set. CTC is seeking a Trading Systems Operations Engineer to join our team. The role encompasses mission critical support for our trading systems including (but not limited to) application testing, automation, project management, software deployment and configuration, as well as system monitoring. The system environment at CTC consists of proprietary and 3rd party software applications, covers the entire stack of software needed to trade, and consists of broad and varied technologies.
All members of the Trading Systems Operations team at CTC are responsible for three
1.Production Trade Support
- Develop deep knowledge of trading system infrastructure where one can take ownership of issues as they arise to tackle autonomously or perform appropriate escalation.
- Perform detailed log analysis to bring the development team up to speed quickly on the problem without the need for them to conduct a level one / level two analysis themselves.
- Utilize a “fix it twice” mentality to use tactical solutions to get trading systems stable again but then follow up with the strategic fix soon after.
- Build and enhance operational infrastructure
- Places high value on improving process and procedures to make operational workflows more automated and less error‐prone.
- Add to the monitoring infrastructure at CTC to allow more detection of problems and issues.
- Management of all changes to the production systems
- Identify risks and provide guidance around timing of changes and releases.
- Execute software deployments and upgrades.
**Feel free to apply even if you don’t meet all the qualifications.
- Experience in an application support, operations, or systems administration role required.
- Python/Perl/Shell or similar scripting experience required.
- Organized and detail orientated required.
- Knowledge of basic SQL queries and experience with FIX/Exchange protocols are a plus.
- Experience with 3rd party monitoring and ticketing software are a plus.
- Able to handle high‐pressure multi‐tasking environments within time constraints, SLA, and delivery targets.
- Able to categorize, prioritize, analyze, and triage application and hardware problems quickly.
- Possess a logical and inquisitive mindset with a desire to share knowledge acquired with others for the benefit of the whole.
- Driven to take pride and ownership over your work product and results.
- Possess excellent communication skills, customer focus, and ability to bridge communication gaps between trading and technology.
- High sense of integrity and honesty. Able to take ownership of and learn from mistakes even if it means calling yourself to account.
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets. We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.