Are you someone who wants to challenge your technology skills as they relate to electronic trading and performance? Do you love working with state-of-the-art low latency and high-performance systems?
We are seeking a Director of Electronic Trading Performance. In this role, you will lead CTC’s effort to build a high-performance execution trading platform. You will partner with the Head of Electronic Trading to improve trading outcomes as well as create a performance measurement and visualization capability. You will also partner with our CTO as well as technology leads to develop and articulate the vision and strategy on performance. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with multiple groups throughout the organization including other areas of Technology, Trading and Quant, and our Operations Teams.
- You will collaborate in leading CTC’s effort to build a high-performance execution platform.
- You will work jointly with the Head of Electronic Trading to improve trading outcomes.
- You will create a performance measurement and visualization capability.
- You will collaborate in developing and articulating the vision and strategy in partnership with the CTO.
- You will provide technical leadership on low latency engineering principles to the entire technology team.
- You will directly lead a team of engineers working within the performance team.
- You will lead efforts with development to improve code base performance to server resource consumption.
- You will drive efforts with trading support to ensure automate configuration management, develop checks to ensure configuration are optimal.
- You will interact closely with infrastructure, operations, and software development teams while collaborating with the technology leads from both our Options and Futures businesses to deliver complete solutions.
- You will establish ongoing dialogue with exchanges to deeply understand external drivers of performance.
- You will curate relationships with specialty vendors.
- Experience driving the company culture change toward performance analysis of trading application to assist in determine development design and building scalable applications.
- Experience building latency sensitive systems with a strong understanding of low-level aspects: software C++/Java, OS internals, CPU architecture, and networking hardware and protocol.
- Thorough understanding of the strengths and weaknesses low-latency implementation, software or hardware along with risk controls.
- Building strong, diverse team of existing and new CTC Team members that bring critical performance engineering skills.
- Experience working with Trading platforms, designing gateways or quote feeds.
- Success in the role measured by both improvements to the trading platform and trading results.
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.