Are you someone who wants to challenge your skills with quantitative problems in combination with your software expertise? Do you love working with state-of-the-art data science techniques? You would stay on top of current and new technology such as Python3, Dask, Flask, and Jupyter as it relates to your role making an impactful contribution to the firm. On our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with multiple groups throughout the organization including quant, platform services, and operations teams. This role gives you the chance to work in a collaborative setting sharing your ideas, while also gaining knowledge from fellow teammates.
- Architect data analytic frameworks and develop an implementation roadmap
- Deliver and support software into the research environment which is used to help make key decisions for trading
- Collaborate with quants, traders and developers across the firm
- Assist in developing requirements and propose solutions
- Ongoing performance analysis and tuning
- Deep understanding of and experience with the Python language: object-oriented design, decorators, generators, threading, error handling, data types, iterators, debugger, I/O, and code profiling.
- Knowledge of and experience using common scientific computing open source libraries, especially pandas.
- Experience building and maintaining a software product or platform, including testing infrastructure, interaction with data sources, code reviews, developing use cases, messaging, multiprocessing, version control, and writing reusable code as part of a team.
- Experience analyzing, processing, and manipulating large datasets, preferably 1Tb or more.
- Knowledge and experience with data technologies such as SQL databases, mongo, spark, kafka, dask is a plus
- Experience or training in analytics, either academic or in the context of solving analytic problems in a work setting.
- Familiarity with C++ preferred
- Mathematical/quantitative academic or experience a plus
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.