Are you passionate about Technology, Infrastructure and Data Centers? Do you find planning and implementing infrastructure systems to support business initiatives interesting? Would an opportunity to have an impact on Data Center designs and implementations be interesting? Do you love working and coordinating among multiple teams?
If so, this is a superb opportunity. We are looking for an Associate Data Center Engineer to help us run our Data Centers. Partnership, communication and attention to detail will be key attributes necessary for your success.
- Perform hands-on technical support and maintenance within Technology Facilities environments.
- Install, extract, and relocate servers, storage, network, and telecommunications hardware and cabling in multiple Data Center Facilities.
- Plan and perform move/add/change requests. Support office staff move activities – patch cabling and issuing requests for network port activations.
- Implement, document, and maintain changes to Chicago cabling infrastructure and inventory. Maintain and as needed, order and restock supply inventories in a timely manner for CTC Data Center locations; removing deprecated assets to maintain and promote available data center resources.
- Assist Systems Engineers and Administrators in solving component, connectivity, and device failures within coverage periods.
- Respond to environmental monitoring and alerts and carry out associated procedures.
- Provide escort services for 2nd-and 3rd-Party staff in compute facilities. Escort and lead preventative maintenance and critical system repair activities.
- Document change activities and maintain information in Data Center Infrastructure Management Software. Assist teams with data gathering and assembly for reports, using data center software applications.
- Coordinate logistics (shipping, receiving, RMA, secure storage, and loading dock) with building management and internal client teams. Ensure accurate receipt notification and equipment accounting with clients and purchasing.
- Establish remote access capabilities in support of IT teams.
- Issue and coordinate work specifications for third-party staff in remote data centers.
- Previous Data Center Operations or related field experience required.
- Ability to work 2nd shift at times. Certain periods will consist of daytime, in-office work, and some weekend work.
- Work involves frequent travel between data center sites. Work involves ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Customer service oriented individual.
- You demonstrate good interpersonal skills both individually or in a team environment.
Who We Are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take proactive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.