Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge and technical background to navigate complex challenges? We are looking for a motivated finance professional with high analytical capacity, creativity, attention to detail, and strong technical and interpersonal skills to join our Middle Office and Reporting team! As a Senior Analyst, you will work in a function that is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of financial results and key metrics. You will also play a key role in helping the team design the next generation of reporting, analysis, and reconciliation tools!
- Partner with the Human Capital Management (HCM) division to understand the needs of the business and to provide process focused analytics support and reporting. (HCM encompasses HR, Education, and Talent Acquisition)
- Collaborate and develop relationships with cross-functional teams to improve data management; design processes to collect, clean, and transform data from several sources to drive compilation and standardization of disparate information
- Develop a deep understanding of financial metrics, expenses, reporting tools, and data structure to identify and drive resolution of issues, provide actionable intelligence with existing metrics or identify, develop, and propose new metrics, dashboards, scorecards or tools
- Perform financial research and analysis, summarize and present findings
- Work closely with the technology development team to guide reporting, reconciliations, control and business process automation requirements
- 5+ years experience in data analysis and reporting with progressive work history
- Strong technical skills, including experience using Excel, VBA, SQL, Python and Tableau
- Expert/Mastery level analytical and data transformation skills
- Advanced knowledge of data modelling and relational database concepts
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support
- Ability to foster a cooperative culture, without formal authority, in order to deliver results.
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to express quantitative concepts to financial and non-financial audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in a financial discipline
Who we are:
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.