Are you a software engineer who is passionate about building high performance trading systems? CTC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Emerging Businesses group. As a member of our team, you will partner with quants, traders, and other skilled software engineers to implement fixed income trading strategies on a new, internally developed platform. You will demonstrate your deep work experience dealing with the complexity of fragmented, fixed income markets to deliver value in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a small, cross-discipline trading team to build a prototype system that can read in market data from equity, fixed income, and futures trading venues and execute trades in a latency sensitive manner.
- Build and maintain automation scripts to download and process updates from third-party systems on a daily and intraday basis.
- Help build a research environment used by quantitative analysts for fixed income, trading strategy development, and analysis.
- Support technology used by traders and operations staff to measure portfolio risk, reconcile trades, and complete reports.
- 5+ years as a software engineer working on fixed income trading systems, of which at least 2 years was spent as a senior or principal engineer
- Experience connecting with Bloomberg pricing data and working with electronic exchange connectivity.
- C++ (very strong), python (strong), and SQL (strong) programming skills
- Comfortable working in a small team performing a wide variety of duties
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical, team-oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a multifaceted, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take critical action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995 and are recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.