If you are someone who has good social skills, technical capabilities, time management skills and an inquisitive mind, then this is a superb opportunity. Our team will allow you the chance to work cross-functionally and be part of a highly available, low latency electronic trading organization.
You will learn to own the network infrastructure for Chicago Trading Company, including daily operational support of business activities. You will work with other infrastructure support teams, as well as operations and development teams to improve overall application performance.
Your typical day would incorporate: working with customers to configure ports for servers or desktops, analyzing performance issues, assisting server teams with connectivity problems, documentation, vendor interaction, and working on engineering projects
- Analyze, design, install and run network systems
- Stay up to date on product features, technology, and networking trends
- You will collaborate with Developers and Business Units to design and implement traditional networks and low latency solutions
- You will own support issues from creation to resolution
- Day to day operation and maintenance of routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless devices both on and off-site
- You will monitor network health and respond to alarms as appropriate
- Recommend improvements to our networks based on changing use
- Coordinate with third parties such as partners and vendors regarding technical issues
- You will work with Technical Infrastructure teams to coordinate activities and provide CTC staff with the highest level of services possible
- After hours and weekend support required as necessary as part of the on-call rotation
- Some evening and weekend work required
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- At least 7 years or equivalent work experience in network support, design, and/or engineering
- Experience building medium to large scale networks OR experience with financial networks
- You have experience working with customers and users to develop requirements
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) certification or equivalent experience desired
- Deep understanding of TCP/ IP Networking
- Strong knowledge of EIGRP, BGP, and OSPF routing required
- Knowledge of multicast operation and support required
- Ability to diagnose application problems at the network level
- Packet capture analysis and Cisco IOS experience required
- Cisco NX-OS knowledge is strongly desired
- Experience with FPGA, low latency network design, and administration of Windows and Linux desire
- Programming or scripting ability is a plus
Who we are:
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.