Do you love solving interesting problems? Well, put on your detective cap since CTC is seeking a Trade Support Engineer (TSE) to join our team! You'll be an individual contributor in this role, supporting production trading desks running proprietary trading software. You will take an active approach to identifying and resolving issues before they affect trading. Reactively drive resolutions to get trading systems back in market when outages occur. You will work closely with traders and operations members to identify software bugs and then relay that information back to development for patching. Employ scripting solutions to manual or error prone workflows to make your life easier or to improve efficiency of your team. Through a close relationship with your trading desk, you will be in a position to analyze day to day activities and suggest or design tools and software improvements that will provide benefit to the traders and the systems you support. If this sounds exciting then please read on to see if this role is right for you!
Production Trade Support (80% of your time)
- Sit next to traders on the trade desk to allow full immersion in the trading workflows
- Provide level one and level two support of trading system issues affecting your desk and document outages in the outage tracking system and utilize a “fix it twice” mentality to create tactical solutions to get systems stable again but then follow up with the strategic fix soon after
- Advance issues to other teams as appropriate by providing detailed log snippets and summarizations that bring the development team up to speed quickly on the problem without the need for them to conduct a level one / level two analysis themselves
Improve Operations (10%)
- We strive to automate on our team. You can help create scripts and/or applications to improve operational workflows and increase our team's efficiency.
Trading Systems Design (5%)
- Have a knack for improving systems? We are always driving for continuous improvement.
- Address performance improvements/optimizations for the software you support and contribute to the design and implementation of trading support workflows to improve reliability and stability
Project/Release Management (5%)
- We need team members that can lead projects. Attend meetings where TSE guidance is needed for project coordination and/or execution.
- Communicate project status, help define priority on in-flight projects and translate priorities into action plans
- Work with Trading Systems Operations (TSO) to schedule software releases for your trading desks, following a risk mitigating phased rollout approach and communicate those releases to your traders
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix command shell navigation and basic SQL knowledge is required
- Python/Perl/Shell or equivalent experience is a nice plus
- Previous electronic trading experience and/or familiarity with FIX/Exchange protocols is a plus
- Able to handle high pressure environments, analyze problems and act quickly, understanding a sense of urgency. Perceptive and observant.
- Customer focused with excellent interpersonal skills providing the ability to bridge communication gaps between trading and technology
- Possess an engineering mindset with outstanding analytical skills
- Self-motivated, excellent time management skills, strong sense of ownership and willingness to learn
- Demonstrate honesty/integrity and be able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to start around 7:00 am
Who we are:
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.