Market leading proprietary trading firm based in London seeking an exceptional Trader to join our options market making group. Traders at CTC work as part of a team and are rewarded as a team to ensure alignment with firm ethics and risk management. We can provide a world-class theoretical and practical training environment for the right candidate, along with a highly competitive remuneration package and a very comfortable working environment.
- Get actively involved in all areas of trading including call-around, electronic and risk management
- Develop cross discipline skills through interaction with trading, technology, and quant
- Exposure to multiple products
- Join an enthusiastic and dynamic office where meaningful impact can be made
- Access to ongoing education and world-class training
- Research, design and implement new quantitative trading strategies
- Work with Senior Traders to assist and learn all facets of trading
- Build and maintain trading quantitative model tools and analytics
- Actively collaborate with trading team members and quants to improve data driven decision making
- Understand overall portfolio positions and hedging requirements
- Plan for and recognize changing market conditions and react quickly and accordingly
- Ad hoc daily support and project work for trading teams
- 1-2 years of direct derivatives trading experience preferred
- Electronic market making experience a significant plus
- Statistical and data analysis, time series expertise essential
- Intermediate programming skills needed in Python
- Self-motivation, flexibility and an ability to work within a small close-knit team across dual offices
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and are skilled in building collaborative relationships
- Must be able to work in the UK
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline with a focus on Financial Mathematics, Statistics or related field (2:1 or higher is a prerequisite) preferred
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Only those candidates meeting the above criteria will be considered for this role.