Would you love working closely with traders and financial engineers to discover their requirements and develop improvements to our execution systems? CTC is seeking a Software Engineer for our Emerging Businesses group. Our team is responsible for the development of trading strategies in Futures and Equities products. You should have experience with low latency execution and building distributed trading systems as well as a knowledge of market microstructure and electronic market making, especially in futures or ETFs. Strong C++ skills are required, and, as you will be partnering with financial engineers, familiarity with Python with linear algebra and statistics is a plus.
- Design and develop software components
- Deliver and support software into the production environment in a timely and robust manner
- Collaborate with developers on other teams
- Partner with support teams to ensure that the software is easy to manage in a production environment
- Assist in developing requirements and propose solutions
- 5+ years of experience building low-latency execution systems
- Knowledge of market microstructure
- Experience with market making of futures and ETFs
- Meaningful work experience in C++
- Experience with multi-threaded and distributed programming
- Experience in linear algebra and statistics is a plus
- Experience with Python and Boost Python is desired
- Experience in Java a plus
- Experience with Linux
- Working knowledge of Windows
- Highly motivated to understand complicated workflows and produce high quality solutions
- A love of problem solving
- Strong analytic and design capabilities, ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Technical curiosity in learning and maintaining technical acumen
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering fields
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take critical action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.