Are you a test automation engineer who is passionate about the rapid testing and releasing of software? Do you want to have a large impact on the quality of the software used by our traders and risk managers? Would you like to explore multiple testing methodologies and strategies? As an Automation Engineer on the QA team, you will research, design, and develop automated testing tools, then use these tools along with best of breed commercial tools to test CTC’s trading systems. As a member of our team, you will partner with manual testers and functional developers throughout the organization to deliver quality software to our trading desks.
You should have expertise in scripting and high-level programming languages. A strong grasp of equities and derivatives trading is desired. Adaptability, attention to detail, and analytical skills will be key attributes necessary to successfully work on multiple complex trading systems in a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to Quality Assurance with the following 3 focus areas:
- Build automated tests for driving component and application testing.
- Use above automated testing to contribute to ongoing testing efforts of CTC applications including microservices.
- Enhance automation around environment management / monitoring, software deployment, and configuration management striving towards continuous delivery of software.
- Act as a domain expert on test automation approaches and techniques, staying abreast of new test automation trends, products, and technologies.
- Act as a test automation evangelist, proactively identifying new opportunities to incorporate test automation. Promote the adoption of test automation throughout the firm via training, documentation, and keeping ease of use top of mind.
- Plan one’s work into agile-like sprints, breaking down tasks into discrete pieces, estimating effort, and updating status.
- Anticipate issues and bottlenecks before they adversely impact test schedule and projects.
- Assist with management of testing environments.
- Execute tests and create and communicate defect reports.
Required Skills / Experience
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals.
- Knowledge of automated testing methodologies and concepts.
- Proven record of designing, developing, and using automated tests.
- Expertise in Python mandatory, proficiency in other scripting languages desired.
- Expertise in Java mandatory, working knowledge of C/C++ desired.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix command shell navigation required.
- Experience with ipython / Jupyter Notebook, SciPy ecosystem desired.
- Experience in Cucumber and Gherkin for BDD desired.
- Trading industry experience a plus.
- Self-motivated, possess strong time management skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills.
- Able to work in a group setting with a collaborative approach.
- A love of problem solving.
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.