Have you written your own matching engine? Do you think about market microstructure and the trade-offs between low latency and ultra-low latency? Do you love collaborating with others to solve tough problems? Do you crave being involved in mission-critical initiatives that have direct and meaningful impact on an organizations daily performance?
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is looking for a software developer with experience in the processing, distribution, and management of financial data. This includes market data, reference data, trade management, and several data-related services. These services are primarily developed in Java and C++ and deployed on Linux. Software development cycles at CTC are short and releases of proprietary software are frequent. This is a fast-paced, dynamic team environment where our engineers quickly see the results of their effort, and the impact that work has on our businesses.
- Design and develop server-based components and frameworks
- Collaborate with developers on other teams including operations, option pricing, exchange access, inventory and risk management
- Develop requirements, propose solutions and deliver software into production environment in a timely and robust manner
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Partner with QA and support teams to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment
- Ongoing performance analysis and tuning
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies that could benefit our system
- 5+ years of development experience required in either Java or C++, and a desire to embrace both
- Experience writing high-performance feed handlers a plus
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed application architecture
- Experience with source code management required, experience with Git is a plus
- Vendor management experience preferred, but not required
- Strong analytic and design capabilities
- Ability to quickly triage issues and drive the resolution effort through completion
- A preference for simple, cohesive, and practical solutions
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and are skilled in building collaborative relationships
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.