Are you someone who wants to challenge yours skills with quantitative problems in combination with your software expertise? Do you love working with state of the art data science techniques? As a member of the Valuation Infrastructure Group you will be working on developing high-demand applications used for option valuation and risk management. You would stay on top of current and new technology as it relates to your role making an impactful contribution to the firm. On our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with multiple groups throughout the organization including quant, platform services, and operations teams. This role gives you the chance to work in a collaborative setting sharing your ideas, while also gaining knowledge from fellow teammates.
- Design and develop data analytic components and frameworks
- Deliver and support software into the research environment in a timely and robust manner
- Collaborate with quants, traders and developers on other teams
- Assist in developing requirements and propose solutions
- 3+years of Python experience preferably in scientific computing libraries (eg. pandas, numpy)
- Experience with building and supporting backtest frameworks in large datasets
- Familiarity with C++
- Trading application development experience highly preferred
- Experience with data processing and manipulation, working alongside researchers to develop research tools and data workflows
- Mathematical/quantitative experience a plus
- Strong analytic and design capabilities
- Ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and are skilled in building collaborative relationships
- Highly motivated to understand complicated workflows and produce high quality solutions
- A love of problem solving
- S. in Computer Science or related engineering fields
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.