Have you written your own matching engine? Do you think about market microstructure and the trade-offs between low latency and ultra-low latency? Do you love collaborating with others to solve tough problems? Do you crave being involved in mission-critical initiatives that have direct and meaningful impact on an organization's daily performance?
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is looking for a Team Lead with experience in the processing, distribution, and management of financial data. This includes market data, reference data, trade management, and several data-related services. These services are primarily developed in Java and C++ and deployed on Linux. Software development cycles at CTC are short and releases of proprietary software are frequent. This is a fast-paced, dynamic team environment where our engineers quickly see the results of their effort, and the impact that work has on our businesses.
- Own and deliver the technology vision and roadmap for market data and reference data at CTC
- Responsible for the technology meeting its business SLA’s
- Navigate and drive alignment on buy versus build decision-making for market data solutions
- Manage a software engineering team whose role is to understand requirements, propose solutions and deliver software into production environment in a timely and robust manner
- Foster collaboration with other teams including operations, option pricing, exchange access, inventory and risk management, and quality assurance.
- Prior experience leading a software development team preferably in financial market data
- 5+ years of development experience required in either Java or C++, and a desire to embrace both
- Ability to build trust and influence within the team, the company, and with external partners
- You have a passion for coaching and team development
- You are great at providing timely and effective feedback that help employees learn and grow
- You know how to balance giving direction versus coaching an employee to find the path for themselves
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and are skilled in building collaborative relationships
- Ability to quickly triage issues and drive the resolution effort through completion
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed application architecture
- Demonstrated preference for simple, cohesive, and practical solutions
- Experience writing high-performance feed handlers a plus
- Vendor management experience preferred, but not required
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering field
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.