Do you have that rare combination of technical and finance skills? Are you passionate about data driven decision making and love working with technologists to understand the value and investment in IT products & services? Can you take that knowledge coupled with data from multiple source systems to build the financial model and visually appealing reports that communicate the cost, quality and value of IT? This is Technology Business Management (TBM) and we are one of the earliest adopters of this discipline. We are seeking a highly analytical and technically skilled data analyst with experience in cost modelling, data management and report design & development to join our team.
In this role, you will report directly to the Senior Director of Technology Business Management and have the opportunity to collaborate with IT service owners, Trading, and other senior IT managers.
- You will perform business analysis and make recommendations for improvements to the cost model for IT. You will implement and test those changes in Apptio, CTC’s Technology Business Management system, and validate effectiveness of the model changes.
- You will translate report needs in to a design and prototype for UIs and reports. You will build reports utilizing Apptio and Tableau as appropriate.
- You will conduct validation of technology financials including but not limited to the cost of IT services, application total cost of ownership, and Business Unit chargebacks. You will identify issues and work with product and service owners to resolve.
- You will provide analysis and identify trends on the performance of our business services and key performance indicators to help improve the value of the Technology platform. You will partner with service owners to help define services that are aligned with the firm’s business capabilities.
- You will provide technical support for Apptio and own systems integration between Apptio (Datalink) and all its source systems (including but not limited to CTC’s application inventory, infrastructure systems, HCM, timetracking, and procurement).
- You will own and improve the data management plan. Collaborate with technology managers to collect, clean, and transform data from IT for purposes of analysis and/or feed into multiple systems.
- You will produce the ‘Bill of IT’, submit monthly allocations/chargeback to Finance, and reconcile discrepancies.
- You will assist with preparation of the Technology Quarterly Business Report and other reports as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Math, Finance, or related field
- 8-10 years of related work experience required
- Expert analytical and data transformation skills using MS Excel including experience with formulaic logic such as if statements, VLOOKUP, hlookup, pivot tables, macros, etc required
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, data modelling and application of relational database concepts required
- Strong report design and development skills required
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for senior leadership required
- Working experience with IT Finance, IT Operations, IT Infrastructure, and/or Software Development teams highly preferred. We are looking for someone who has worked in an environment where a significant part of the IT spend is development of proprietary software.
- Working knowledge of IT service management and/or product management preferred
- Working experience with Apptio and Tableau preferred.
- Experience working with Agile tools such as Jira and/or integrating with time-tracking systems a plus
- Knowledge of TBM processes and methodologies preferred. We are looking for someone in the TBM community.
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.