Are you a software engineer who is passionate about building high performance trading systems? Would you like to explore new ways to improve our execution capabilities for some of our most automated trading strategies? CTC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Emerging Businesses group. Our team is focused on implementing trading strategies in Futures and Equities products. As a member of our team, you will partner with quants, traders, and skilled software engineers to revamp an end-to-end trading system. You will leverage your deep work experience to deliver value from user stories to hands-on implementation in a fast-paced environment.
- Define and gather trading workflow, quantitative modeling, and system performance requirements collaboratively with a cross-functional team
- Work with a skilled team of software engineers to establish a pragmatic architectural vision that emphasizes testability and maintainability.
- Develop an implementation roadmap in partnership with Quant and Trading to deliver incremental improvements in trading performance while drastically improving the system architecture
- Collaborate with senior members of the technology architecture team to review and improve our approach to building a platform that has the potential to be leveraged more broadly
- Implement functionality, participate in team code reviews, and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency
- At least 10 years of development experience
- 5+ years of C++ experience in the financial industry
- Experience with multi-threaded, distributed, and high-performance programming
- Experience with Linux and either Java (preferred) or .NET
- Experience in Cloud services development a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and implement technical solutions
- A love of problem solving that is on par with your analytic and design capabilities
- B.S. in Computer Science or related engineering fields
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take critical action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995 and are recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.