Are you a software engineer who is passionate about building high performance cloud systems? Would you like to explore new ways to improve our research and execution capabilities for some of our most automated trading strategies? CTC is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Emerging Businesses group. Our team is focused on implementing trading strategies in Futures and Equities products. As a member of our team, you will partner with quants, traders, and skilled software engineers to design and develop end-to-end trading systems. You will utilize your work experience to deliver value from user stories to hands-on implementation in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with a skilled team to establish a pragmatic architectural vision that emphasizes testability, scalability, extensibility and maintainability.
- Collaborate with senior members of the technology architecture team to review and improve our approach to building a cloud/on prem hybrid platform
- Learn and gain understanding of trading workflow, quantitative modelling, and system performance requirements collaboratively with a multi-functional team
- Develop an implementation roadmap in partnership with Quant and Trading to deliver incremental improvements in trading performance while drastically improving the system architecture
- Design and implement functionality, participate in team code reviews, and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, standard methodologies and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency
- Experience designing and developing Cloud solutions (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience containerizing applications (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Expertise in Python
- Experience with multi-threaded, distributed, and high-performance programming
- Experience with C++ and Financial markets is desired but not required
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is a highly analytical derivatives trading community that employs a dynamic, focused approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take critical action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995 and are recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.