Are you passionate about delivering new ideas with quality in continually reduced cycle times? Do you want to empower all software to be released with confidence? Would you like to have a large impact on the software used by our traders and risk managers? Are you motivated to exploring multiple testing methodologies and techniques?
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to lead a team of testers to build quality in to our options market making workflows. Someone who possesses expertise in test design and execution and enthusiastically looks for opportunities to automate testing. A background in equities and derivatives trading concepts will differentiate you. Flexibility and attention to detail will be key attributes necessary to successfully drive parallel efforts across multiple projects and products.
- Lead a small team to test end-to-end software solutions for trading futures and derivative products on multiple exchanges. Testing assignments will be focused on market making applications, hedging systems, exchange routing systems, and various other front office tools.
- Lead test planning efforts including determining test coverage, testing tool, and test environment requirements
- Use automated test tools in daily work, collaborating with automation engineers to continually improve and grow test automation
- Mentor team members and introduce additional perspective on tools and techniques that could improve quality and drive down testing time
- Write test cases, executes tests, and document defects
- Report status to QA team and broader team
- Certify when software is ready for production
- Drive handoff meetings with operations teams prior to production release
- Troubleshoot issues in test environments to unblock testing efforts
Desired Skills / Experience:
- 8+ year track record in software testing
- Prior trading industry experience and knowledge of options market making a plus
- Experience leading a small team and a real passion for mentoring and growing team members
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to partner across development, trading, and support organizations to accomplish shared goals
- Judgement to weigh quality, time to market, and risk when making recommendations on readiness for production
- Team management skills balanced with up-to-date hands-on testing experience
- Working knowledge of Linux command shell navigation
- Python or similar scripting experience
- Experience in use of SQL for data verification purposes
- Exposure to the FIX communication protocol desired
- Experience working in a continuous delivery, agile environment desired
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.