Are you someone who wants to challenge your skills with quantitative problems in combination with your software expertise? Do you love working with state of the art data science techniques? Chicago Trading Company (CTC) is looking for a Team Lead with experience in architecting analytic platform for data science. You would stay on top of current and new technology as it relates to your role making an impactful contribution to the firm. As a team lead, you will be responsible for creating the vision and overseeing the implementation. On our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with multiple groups throughout the organization including quant, traders, platform services, and operations teams. This role gives you the chance to work in a collaborative setting sharing your ideas, while also gaining knowledge from fellow teammates.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to define technology vision for data analytics that covers data normalization, quantitative modelling, and system performance requirements
- Architect data analytic frameworks and develop an implementation roadmap in partnership with Quant and Trading to deliver value incrementally while drastically improving the system architecture
- Manage a team whose role is to understand requirements, propose solutions and deliver product into R&D environment in a timely and robust manner
- Collaborate with senior members of the technology architecture team to review and improve your team’s approach to building a platform that has the potential to be leveraged more broadly
- Implement functionality, participate in team code reviews, and provide valuable feedback on performance, logic, and maintenance issues to ensure code-level consistency
- 5+ years of experience with big data workflow in a highly technical and analytical role.
- Ability to build trust and influence within the team, the company, and with external partners. Prior experience leading a team preferred
- 5+ years’ Python experience preferably in scientific computing libraries (eg. pandas, numpy)
- Experience with building and supporting backtest frameworks in large datasets
- Experience with data processing and manipulation, working alongside researchers to develop research tools and data workflows
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and are skilled in building collaborative relationships
- Ability to quickly triage issues and drive the resolution effort through completion
- B.S. in science or engineering fields
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.