CTC is seeking a Trade Support Engineer (TSE) to join our team and work the second shift. You will be an individual contributor in this role, and it will involve management and support of production trading desks running proprietary trading software. You will take an active approach to identifying and resolving issues before they affect production trading. You will reactively drive resolutions to get trading systems back in market when outages occur during the trading day. You will work closely with traders and trading system operations members to identify software bugs and then properly relay that information back to development and QA teams for patching. Through a close relationship with your trading desk, you will be in a position to analyze day to day activities and suggest tools and software improvements that will provide benefit to the traders you support. Hours will be approximately 4:00 pm to 1:00 am Sunday through Thursday.
Production Trade Support (70% of your time)
- Sit next to traders on the trade desk to allow full immersion in the trading workflows
- Provide level one and level two support of trading system issues affecting your desk
- Advance issues to other teams as appropriate by providing detailed log snippets and summarizations that bring the development team up to speed quickly on the problem without the need for them to conduct a level one / level two analysis themselves
- Document outages in the outage tracking system and follow up with development teams to drive permanent resolutions
- Utilize a “fix it twice” mentality to use tactical solutions to get trading systems stable again but then follow up with the strategic fix soon after
Trading Systems Design (20% of your time)
- Actively address performance improvements/optimizations
- Contribute to the design and implementation of trading support workflows to improve reliability and proactive alerting
Project Management (5% of your time)
- Attend meetings where TSE guidance/direction is needed for project coordination and/or execution
- Know/Communicate project status and help define priority on in flight projects
- Translate priorities into action plans
Release Management (5% of your time)
- Work with Trading Systems Operations (TSO) to schedule software releases for your trading desks, following a risk mitigating phased rollout approach where appropriate.
- Communicate to traders when new releases are scheduled
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience including 1 year in a trade support role
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix command shell navigation required
- Python/Perl/Shell or similar scripting experience required
- Knowledge of basic SQL queries required
- Working knowledge of incident and problem management
- Previous electronic trading experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of FIX/Exchange protocols a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required
- Able to handle high pressure environments, analyze problems and act quickly, understanding a sense of urgency
- Possess an engineering mindset
- Self-motivated and have strong time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to bridge communication gaps between trading and technology
- Great problem solving skills
- Perceptive and observant to help identity problems in the trading environment.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Customer focused
- Demonstrate honesty/integrity and be able to learn from mistakes
- Possess a strong sense of ownership
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.