Are you a hands-on Accounting Manager with keen attention to detail and a proven track record for improving processes? Do you love working with systems & people just as much as numbers? Would you describe yourself as a tenacious troubleshooter able to work through problems to get to the source and resolve? At CTC, we strive for continuous improvement in our regular activities and in meeting our long-term objectives. We are a dynamic, creative trading company looking for an Accounting Manager to help us strengthen our financial reporting with your ideas and execution. This person will have equally strong accounting, people and systems skills. The role also requires a collaborative approach with excellent interpersonal skills. You will be coordinating with internal teams to ensure data is accurate and deadlines are met. You will be challenged in this role. And if you enjoy improving processes and working with others to bring ideas to fruition then this could be the job for you.
Specific Responsibilities include
- Subject matter expert for various end-to-end accounting processes and applications.
- Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures that improve the timeliness, efficiency, and accuracy of data posting to the general ledger.
- Responsible for coordinating with Procurement & other internal teams to ensure important business information is continuously shared and financial data flows to the general ledger properly.
- Analyze general ledger data and supporting documentation from other subsystems and sources to ensure accruals are appropriate and accurate.
- Develop and lead Accounting related process improvement initiatives, including new systems implementations and upgrades to existing systems.
- Prepare and/or review assigned ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Train and mentor Accounting staff.
- Assist with annual audit and work with external audit team.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- Accounting systems skills with experience in managing administrative functions and/or system implementations required
- Detail oriented teammate with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to document processes and communicate with all levels of management and external vendors
- Advanced level Excel skills required
- SQL and Tableau skills desired
Who We Are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.