Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge and technical background to navigate complex challenges? Do you love automating and streamlining processes? Do you enjoy using data and analytics tools to uncover insights and tell a compelling story? Are you naturally curious and won’t stop until you get to the root-causes of the business performance?
We are looking for a motivated finance professional with high analytical capacity, creativity, attention to detail, and strong technical and interpersonal skills to join our Middle Office and Reporting team. As a Senior Analyst, you will work in a function that is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting financial results and key metrics. You will also play a key role in helping the team in designing the next generation of reporting, analysis and reconciliation tools.
- Assist with various reporting and reconciliations, including but not limited to, revenue, capital, volume and key metrics.
- Perform financial research and analysis, summarize and present findings
- Design and build ad-hoc reports utilizing Excel and Tableau, as appropriate
- Collaborate with the middle office, management reporting and accounting teams to improve data management; design processes to collect, clean, and transform data from several sources for purposes of analysis and stable reporting
- Work to automate daily and repetitive tasks
- Work closely with the technology development team to guide reporting and control requirements
- Aid in the selection and design of a robust report delivery platform for end-users of financial information
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis and reporting with progressive work history, middle office or front office experience a plus
- Strong technical skills, including experience using Excel, VBA, SQL, Python and Tableau
- Expert/Mastery level analytical and data transformation skills
- Advanced knowledge of data modelling and relational database concepts
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Excellent presentation skills with an ability to express quantitative concepts to financial and non-financial audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in a financial discipline
Who we are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.