Are you passionate about Linux? Do you find building servers to tackle business problems interesting? Are you looking for an opportunity to have a meaningful impact on trading performance? Do you find it exciting to build custom solutions while keeping the chaos manageable? Do you seek out conversations with the developers and traders who use your systems to find ways we can improve performance?
If so, this is a superb opportunity for you. We are looking for a Senior Linux Engineer to help manage and improve our server fleet. You will have the opportunity to optimize our existing systems and improve performance for our new trading applications. Team work, flexibility and attention to detail will be key attributes necessary to succeed.
- Collaborate with all CTC staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of systems and software
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and solve application and trading issues
- Solve business application problems using management and analysis tools
- Work with traders to increase performance and lower latency to improve trading results
- Maintain server health and respond to alarms as needed
- You will own support issues from creation to resolution
- Work with Technical Infrastructure teams to coordinate activities and provide CTC staff with the highest level of services possible
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the team for off hours support
- After hours and weekend support required as necessary
- Stay up to date on product features, technology, and computing trends
- Mentor team members and introduce additional perspective on tools and techniques that could improve quality and drive better solutions
- You demonstrate high level interpersonal skills with the ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Customer service and team oriented
- At least 5 years of experience supporting Linux in large deployments
- Experience optimizing system performance for low latency, high performance, or other specific goals
- Proficient in Linux systems, preferably Red Hat/CentOS
- Experience with Red Hat Satellite a plus
- Proficient in scripting/programming in Python and/or Bash
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible a plus
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environment
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a plus
- Ability to develop, implement, and document test plans for system performance
- Understanding of financial industry applications and environments preferred
Who We Are
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.