Are you an engineer who is passionate about the rapid testing and releasing of software? Do you love creating tools and software that help reduce delivery time of an idea without compromising its expected quality? Are you ready to apply your creativity and awareness of nuance to an exciting career that help ensure CTC's continued success? As a Software Engineer in Test, you will research, design, and develop automated testing tools, then use these tools along with best of breed open source tools to test CTC’s distributed and real-time trading systems. As a member of our team, you will collaborate with traders and fellow developers to ensure our trading strategies can continue to innovate and scale.
- You will build and develop automated tests and strategy for driving component and application testing of our trading system to insure product quality
- Combine Agile and DevOps by creating tools that helps drive Continuous Delivery and are testable during Continuous Integration
- Act as a domain expert on test automation approaches and techniques, staying abreast of new test automation trends, products, and technologies.
- Use your knowledge of testing and testability to promote the adoption of better engineering practices and test automation throughout the firm.
- Partner with test engineers to decide what tests should be automated. Perform user acceptance, exploratory, and targeted defect testing as part of a release certification.
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals.
- Knowledge of automated testing methodologies and concepts.
- Proven record of designing, developing, and using automated tests.
- Expertise in Java or Python mandatory.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix command shell navigation required.
- Experience with ipython / Jupyter Notebook, SciPy ecosystem desired.
- Experience in Cucumber and Gherkin for BDD desired.
- Self-motivated, possess strong time management skills, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and ability to work in a group setting with a collaborative approach.
- You are creative and you love to solve problems.
- Trading industry experience a plus.
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team-based, derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.