CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment.
We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
A Lead Trade Support Engineer provides hands-on management and support of members on a team in all aspects of electronic trading. This role takes direction from the head of trading system support engineers and works closely with production trading desks leading area operational teams. This position is for our first shift 7am-5pm CST.
- Leads the area trade support team, providing coaching/development and ensure completion of daily tasks
- Ability to make on-demand decisions with a strong proficiency for compliance, risk, and PnL during trading hours, or coordinating the technical rollout of a new trading strategy
- Serve as Domain Expert for current systems; identify enhancement opportunities, mitigate operational risk, new technology considerations
- Work closely to support senior management on critical initiatives
- Coordinate delivery of selected projects, onboard new business, ensure alignment of resources to priorities
- Hands-on tasks include configuring, monitoring, ensuring market open readiness.
- Extensive experience supporting electronic trading systems, ideally with some exposure to Options
- Experience leading/managing a team of trade support engineers
- Experience working with various exchanges with an understanding of their respective protocols (ie Binary Order Entry, FIX, PITCH, etc.)
- Highly proficient in Python or Bash
- Series 57 certification holder or otherwise open to becoming certified
- Track record of effective collaboration with Technology counterparts and with Traders
- Skilled at context-switching and coordinating both delegated and assigned work with varying degrees of complexity and priority
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.