CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment.
We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
As a Senior Analyst, you will work in a function that acts as an independent control to ensure the accuracy of P&L reporting and the reconciliation of trades and valuations between trading and clearing. You will also play a key role in helping the team in designing the next generation of reporting, analysis, and reconciliation tools.
What You Will Do
- Assist with various reporting and reconciliations, including but not limited to, P&L, capital, volume, and key metrics.
- Manage fee data and mappings and continue development of cost per trade reporting and metrics for the trading teams
- Perform financial research and analysis, summarize and present findings
- Design and build ad-hoc reports utilizing Excel, Tableau or Sigma, as appropriate
- Collaborate with trading, technology, management reporting and accounting teams to identify improvements in the current workflows as well as assisting in the implementation of those improvements
- Design processes to collect, clean, and transform data from several sources for purposes of analysis and stable reporting
- Work closely with the technology development team on system and procedure enhancements to automate and improve the team’s efficiency and effectiveness
What We Are Looking For
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Middle Office, Risk Management, or a similar type of role
- Strong understanding of Excel, SQL, and Python to build ad-hoc reporting and analysis tools
- An understanding of financial markets, control functions and accounting concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an interest in P&L analysis
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual process and system improvements through increased automation
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Bachelor’s degree in a financial discipline
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.