CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment.
We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
Are you an engineer who is passionate about delivering a high impact platform through well-architected services, strong development practices and durable systems? Do you want to work closely with engineers who will push boundaries of design and scale? CTC is seeking a Software Engineer to join the Platform Messaging team. The team is responsible for the design, development and support of CTC's enterprise messaging platform solutions. You will apply your experience and passion to deliver robust and easy to use messaging APIs and supporting services from design thru deployment in our dynamic research-driven trading firm.
- Monitor, support and manage production and non-production messaging infrastructure
- Writing scripts using REST or vendor CLI’s to monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain enterprise level messaging infrastructure
- Documenting support workflows and operational runbooks
- Excitement working with messaging vendors and other CTC infrastructure teams to integrate new components
- Coordinate software upgrades/API upgrades/support issues with vendors
- 2nd level escalation point for off hours production issues
- Strong familiarity using Linux toolsets to support and analyze network related topics and issues
- Experience and familiarity of cloud technologies related to deployments and runtime environments (e.g. Kubernetes, Helm, Flux)
- Experience writing Python scripts to maintain and support messaging infrastructure such as messaging brokers
- In-depth understanding of an enterprise level messaging system and networking concepts such as: Multicast (IGMP), TCP
- Experience leading cross team initiatives to expand and continuously improve the infrastructure
- Willingness to learn Ansible to write, run and maintain playbooks
- Salary Range: 150 - 200k, plus a discretionary bonus.
- The discretionary bonus will be dependent upon the individuals skills, experience, qualifications, and firm performance.
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.