CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment.
We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
As a Senior Program Manager, reporting to the Head of our Project Management Office (PMO), you will lead the successful execution of programs and projects. Working closely with traders, quants, and technologists, you will use delivery methodologies such as Scaled Agile, Agile, and Waterfall to ensure successful outcomes. Your goal will be to drive project teams to deliver efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced trading environment.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the planning, execution, and delivery of large programs. Apply Scaled Agile, Agile, and Waterfall methodologies tailored to each program and team's specific needs.
- Ensure programs are delivered on time, within budget, and with high quality. Proactively identify and resolve program-level risks and issues, key program metrics and provide regular updates to senior management.
- Develop strong relationships with traders, quants, and technology teams. Collaborate effectively with these teams to understand their requirements, identify dependencies, and mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with partners to build roadmaps that align with the organization's strategic objectives and turn them into practical plans and timelines.
- Drive the adoption of Scaled Agile and Agile delivery methodologies by training and mentoring project teams on agile practices, tools, and techniques.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to improve project management processes and practices to improve delivery efficiency and effectiveness.
- Communicate program status, key achievements, and risks. Prepare executive-level reports, presentations, and dashboards to facilitate decision-making and drive transparency.
- Provide guidance, support, and mentoring to enable PMO team members' professional growth and development.
What We're Looking For
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex programs and projects related to electronic trading execution. Preferably in the proprietary trading industry, with familiarity with financial derivatives, and risk management practices.
- Strong understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile principles, Waterfall delivery methodologies, and proficiency in tools like Jira and Confluence is essential. Certification in Agile methodologies (e.g., SAFe Agilist, Certified ScrumMaster) is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead large-scale programs with multiple work streams and interdependencies. Experience in creating program plans, tracking budgets, and leading cross-functional teams to achieve program objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with team members at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify issues, evaluate options, and drive solutions.
- Ability to influence without explicit authority. Flourish in a fast-paced and dynamic trading environment. Demonstrated resilience in handling program challenges and driving successful outcomes.
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.