CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment.
We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
- Lead in the design, implementation, and deployment of CTC’s next generation market connectivity framework, delivering a scalable high-throughput, low-latency C++ platform
- Provide outstanding management and coaching for your teams; set a high bar for excellence and help them collectively achieve their goals
- Highly optimized market access & market data solutions, focused on reliable, deterministic event streams to power quantitative research
- Extendable frameworks to facilitate quick expansion into emerging markets, i.e. crypto
- Partner with the traders and quants to understand the most important problems in order to guide how and where we innovate
- Contribute to the growth of our platform through in-team code reviews and system reviews, standardizing methodologies and best-in-class CI/CD tooling
- Must be a seasoned technology professional that has experience leading a software development team in a fast paced, multifaceted trading environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust, collaborate, and influence across the team, company, and with external partners; commercial approach to solving problems balancing longer term vision and shorter term needs
- Passion for coaching and developing members of your team
- High level of modern C++ proficiency in developing performant, scalable applications
- Ability to quickly triage issues and drive resolution effort through completion
What it takes to be successful:
- You are a highly motivated, humble, and collaborative team lead
- You can optimally communicate sophisticated ideas both written and verbally
- Formal finance training is not required, however is preferred
- Salary Range: 175k - 225k, plus a discretionary bonus
- The discretionary bonus will be dependent upon the individuals skills, experience, qualifications, and firm performance
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.