CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment.
We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
As a python engineer on our systematic trading desk, you will have the opportunity to work on groundbreaking technology such as Python3, Dask, time series databases and microservices, and make an impactful contribution to the firm. You will work closely with multiple functions throughout the organization including quant models, backtesting platforms and trading systems. This role will give you the chance to work in a collaborative setting sharing your ideas, while also gaining knowledge from fellow teammates!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with traders, quants and technologists to drive requirements and propose solutions.
- Engineer compute solutions to handle sophisticated and data-heavy research processes.
- Build robust data pipelines to process and analyze large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Create testing frameworks to ensure correctness and model code performance.
- Design and implement trading services that quickly convert research ideas into production.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in software development on a trading desk or in a fast-paced and forward-thinking environment.
- Ability to understand trade-offs when building a service-oriented system, and balance long-term strategic planning and short-term tactical solutions to meet evolving needs of the business.
- Expertise in distributed parallel compute systems, preferably cloud. Strong understanding and hands-on experience with performance optimization.
- Python experience building statistical research and analytic platforms with large and diverse historical datasets.
- Ability to independently identify system problems and solutions.
- Desire to be a member of a fast-growing team with evolving priorities.
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.