CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment.
We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Controller will be hands-on and help build the team to extend the scope of the accounting function at CTC. You’ll work with fellow leaders in the organization in designing and implementing strategies to support CTC’s growth and existing operations. The Controller will be responsible for leading financial reporting, manager level accounting reviews, coordination of our close process and modernizing processes and procedures. You will be tasked with improving and maintaining accounting policies and procedures as well as implementing automation and new tools and systems. If you enjoy improving processes and working with others to bring ideas to fruition then this could be the role for you!
What You’ll Do
- Direct ownership of accounting information and reporting, ensuring proper control framework and financial data integrity across all CTC entities
- Develop and implement accounting processes and procedures that improve the timeliness, efficiency, and reliability of financial data and controls
- Manage the monthly close process and oversee general ledger activity, detailed account reconciliations and GL variance analysis to ensure the accuracy of monthly consolidations and reporting
- Research and implement technical accounting pronouncements and investigate accounting issues and transactional anomalies
- Develop and maintain the team’s accounting policies and procedures and engage with senior level management on accounting matters
- Be a people leader, responsible for the coaching and development of a group of accounting professionals
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
What We’re Looking For
- Proven track record of managing sophisticated accounting processes and teams in a fast-paced global trading operation. Strong knowledge of GAAP principles, CPA preferred
- In depth experience with accounting systems and operations
- Detail oriented, team first manager with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with, and passion for, people leadership
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of derivatives products and trading
- Self-starter with ability to multi-task and work well in fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- SQL or other programming languages a plus
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. CTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.