CTC is a cutting-edge proprietary trading firm with a long-term vision and a clear focus on helping the world price and manage risk. Our fun and trusting culture inspires us to solve the industry’s most challenging problems and take calculated risks in a collaborative environment. We strive to be the most innovative firm in the industry today, tomorrow, and long into the future while upholding ethical excellence. We believe that CTC makes a positive impact on the markets, the lives of our employees, and all the communities to which we belong. Started in 1995 by a team of forward-thinking Traders, we are proud to call ourselves an industry leader that keeps making markets and each other better.
The Legal Department supports the business activities of the CTC family of companies which are actively involved in the financial and technology sectors. CTC is searching for an inquisitive attorney who will be a critical part of a small legal team supporting domestic and international entities in diverse areas. The attorney will collaborate frequently with the General Counsel to advise leadership and others on legal risks, business strategies, and commercial deals, including negotiating, drafting and analyzing a variety of financial industry, partnership, technology agreements. The position requires sound judgment, adept problem-solving and critical thinking, with an ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment.
This person will ideally be a highly-versatile lawyer who can focus on corporate contracts and employment matters, advising on policies in this area as well as assisting with regulatory and compliance matters, platform onboarding (including responding to know your customer and anti-money laundering requests), corporate governance, intellectual property (IP), and other areas to support the growing business operations.
- Provide thorough and timely legal and business counsel to all departments of the organization.
- Actively guard against risks involving the organization.
- Conduct research and provide advice on issues including contracts, employment law, real estate, corporate matters, regulatory matters, and business agreements.
- Participate in reviewing and preparing, reviewing, and negotiating documentation to ensure compliance with business, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Participate with departments to ensure consideration of legal issues and protection of CTC’s interests.
- Prepare corporate documents and maintain corporate records.
- Draft and negotiate IP-related agreements, including license agreements, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Counsel employees on trade secrets and provide IP training to employees.
- Draft, review and edit reports, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
- Keep tabs on new legislation and developments in the employment and corporate fields.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Active commitment to excellent, prompt, and thorough client service.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to coordinate work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise judgment based on an understanding of policies and activities.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Time management skills; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Self-motivated leader and diligent worker.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Superior research and writing skills.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Strategic problem solver.
- Resourceful and dependable.
- Ability to organize and lead diverse partners, build consensus and work well within a team.
- Ability to foster and support an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible work environment.
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school.
- Strong professional credentials. Five or more years of dynamically responsible experience as a practicing attorney, with financial industry or corporate law firm experience.
- Experience drafting transactional documents.
- Experience working on general corporate matters including governance.
- Knowledge of employment law, regulatory matters, and contract management.
- Experience negotiating telecommunications and technology agreements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.