Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
Are you an engineer who is passionate about delivering a high impact platform through well-architected services, strong development practices and durable systems? Do you want to work closely with engineers, quants, and traders who will push boundaries of design and scale? CTC is seeking Software Engineers to join one of several Data Engineering teams. We are responsible for the design, development, and operations of CTC's common data platform. You will use your experience and team to deliver a valuable data platform from roadmap planning, POCs, hands-on implementation in our dynamic research-driven trading firm.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain the shared services that unite our data storage systems, ingest and ETL pipelines, and research tools.
- Partner with researchers, technologists, and trading teams to transform labor-intensive tasks into self-service APIs and UIs.
- Collaborate with other trading platform owners to help common integration and shared service opportunities.
- Contribute to the growth of our platform through in team code reviews and system reviews, standardizing methodologies and CI/CD tooling.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience developing and designing software applications in Java or Python.
- Successful delivery of software projects by designing for anticipated user needs and ongoing feature development.
- Experience building services, shared APIs and tooling that enable users.
- Experience delivering software in an Agile environment.
- Familiarity with SQL and exposure to different data storage technologies, streaming technologies is a plus.
- Experience developing in the Cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.) in a distributed compute environment is a plus.
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.