Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
As a Java Engineer, you will work closely with a coordinated team of Engineers, Quants, and Traders to deliver valuable pricing and risk management software that directly impact CTC's trading strategies. You will utilize decision making techniques by leveraging existing datasets, as well as have the ability to backtest new components against historical data. You will work in a team that responds quickly to the ever-changing demands of the financial industry. Software release cycles are short and changes to our Production environment are very frequent. You'll be joining a very focused team with a mission of delivering substantial value to the desk and pushing the boundaries of how pricing and risk management function at CTC.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Traders, Quants, and other Engineers to understand problems and help define solutions
- Work with Quants to understand new and existing models, and how they operate in our automated systems
- Implement Java microservices that interact with our proprietary models, risk management tools, and user-facing workflows in a highly distributed ecosystem
- Utilize modern technologies in order to interface with models that are written in lower-level languages such as C++
- Work with our Quality Assurance teams to ensure proper testing of components, and work towards increasing the overall testing automation within our trading platform
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of development experience in Java
- Experience in derivatives pricing and/or trading is a plus
- Experience with data analysis toolkits, especially in Python, is a plus
- Understanding and experience in multi-threaded application development
- A self-sufficient Engineer who can take tasks from requirements through to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both individually and within a team
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.