Chicago Trading Company (CTC) helps the world price and manage risk. We pride ourselves on our strong values, our entrepreneurial spirit, and our commitment to doing the right thing. Our culture is highly collaborative across traders, quants, technologists and development teams who work together to solve the toughest problems our markets have to offer. We strive to make a positive impact on our industry, the lives of our employees, and the communities to which we belong.
We are seeking an experienced Derivatives Trader to join a team of highly profitable options market-making desks from within our Rates and Commodities groups. Our trading teams require individuals that can marry trading intuition, quantitative research and technical acumen in order to capitalize on short and medium-term opportunities in volatility market making. This role offers an outstanding opportunity in risk management and strategy development in a team trading environment where collaboration and continuous improvement are greatly rewarded.
The Asian Hours trading shift usually constitutes between 4pm-1am Chicago time. Being able to work from a remote location is a strong possibility following a thorough onboarding process. The candidate for this role may also have the potential to transfer to regular trading hours within 2-3 years.
What You’ll Do
- Join a small team of traders in charge of managing our Asian Hours shift, while being in close contact with desk heads and other offices for support.
- Primary responsibilities include electronic trading execution and risk management of a suite of Rates and Commodities products.
- Drive a rapid innovation cycle that produces demonstrable wins through the feedback loops of trading, post-trade analysis, quantitative research/analysis, and iterative workflows.
- Conduct research and experiments to improve existing strategies and deploy new strategies that monetize opportunities in a constantly evolving market environment.
- Build tools and workflows to further systematize our approach to trading and risk management.
- Learn from an experienced team with a diverse knowledge base across trading, quant, and technology
What We’re Looking For
- Proven experience in trading, preferably from within the Rates and/or Commodities derivatives space.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills. ideally including a solid foundation of quantitative and statistics knowledge
- A desire to operate as part of a team of smart, highly driven peers, commensurate with our culture.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to learn from mistakes and continuously improve.
- Ability to use Python and SQL to manipulate large datasets and build lightweight tools for analysis, is preferred.
We strongly believe in the well-being of our employees and their families, so we offer outstanding benefits to support you both professionally and personally. These benefits include generous medical coverage, paid parental leave, free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), wellness reimbursement, quarterly recharge days, and a variety of other benefits focused on providing the best employee experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
At CTC, we aim to cultivate a workplace that celebrates diversity and each person feels included, engaged and empowered. Where each of us feels we belong. We are committed to having a diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. Note that emails sent to this email account for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.