Are you an IT finance professional with a passion for financial planning and can easily translate between IT, Finance and Accounting? Are you one who loves partnering with vendors and building relationships to increase performance and long term value? Then you are the right fit for our team at CTC!
Our team is passionate about using the Technology Business Management (TBM) discipline to increase the value of IT. The TBM team utilizes a data-driven decision-making framework to provide IT with the information to manage and communicate the cost, quality and value of our IT Products & Services. We are seeking a hands-on and technically skilled financial manager to improve our IT financial management and vendor management processes.
This role will report directly to the Senior Director of TBM and have the opportunity to collaborate heavily with senior IT leaders, Finance, and the Accounting team.
- Lead the development of a new agile planning process for Technology and manage both product and project forecasts. This role will engage software development managers, infrastructure leaders and PMO to provide informed forecasts.
- Perform monthly validation of technology financials and review chargebacks. This role will provide budget vs actuals reporting and variance explanations, identify issues and collaborate with IT area managers and/or Accounting to resolve.
- Run Procurement, set procurement policy, mature CTC's vendor selection process, and monitor & optimize vendor value. Commodities will include financial market data, software, hardware, facilities, contracting, consulting and cloud services.
- You will be the General Ledger (GL) authority for TBM, responsible for the GL data in CTC’s business management tool (Apptio) and provide requirements for data translations between Apptio and the GL. You will own our procurement data (Coupa) and advise on its relationship to the GL and Apptio.
- Support TBM’s procurement system (Coupa) and provide user support for CTC’s planning tools.
- Improve Technology’s financial planning & analysis capability. You will produce financial and business analyses including financial performance, rate of return, and value on investment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent; MBA, CPA, CFA or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 yrs of work experience required in IT Finance, Vendor Management, or similar function. You must have meaningful FP&A experience and experience supporting vendor management and financial management processes.
- Expert analytical (what-if/impact scenario analysis and data transformation) skills using MS Excel including experience with formulaic logic such as if statements, vlookup, hlookup, pivot tables, macros, etc required.
- Experience implementing financial planning, ERP or BI/Analytics systems required. SQL, Data modelling and application of relational database concepts highly preferred.
- Working experience with IT Operations, Software Development and/or IT Infrastructure teams preferred. We are looking for someone who has worked in an agile environment where a significant part of the IT spend is development of proprietary software.
- Confirmed vendor management experience and knowledge of SW/HW acquisition and cloud services required.
- Excellent communication and reporting/presentation skills for senior leadership required.
- Knowledge of TBM processes and standard methodologies preferred. Technology Business Management Analyst (TBMA) Certification a plus.
Who we are:
Chicago Trading Company is a highly analytical, team oriented derivatives trading firm that employs a dynamic, disciplined approach to trading across a variety of products and strategies. We take decisive action to position ourselves at the forefront of the financial markets.
We actively trade in a broad spectrum of asset classes that include Equities, Interest Rates, and Commodities. We have grown dramatically since our inception in 1995. Recognized as a leading provider of liquidity and pricing on numerous derivatives exchanges globally, we trade more than 20 hours a day, six days a week.
At CTC, we hire the whole person, not just the one who shows up to work during the day. That’s why we offer outstanding benefits that support you inside and outside the office, including free breakfast and lunch (plus healthy snacks, of course), onsite biometric testing, and fitness center membership.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.